Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My taste in movies

Well,..I am addicted to watching tv.Why?..... because I lack the motivation as of now,to do something fruitful.I do realise how destructive it can be.It often does get followed by a period of guilt and remorse but I feel that this bad habit will only subside when I have more useful stuff at my hand.

But while I may watch a lot of nonsense,irrelevant television at times,for the lack of anything better to watch,I do maintain a certain taste in the kind of movies I would really like to watch.

These movies can pretty much be classified into specific genres namely inspirational,biographies and thrillers.I have noticed,however,that my taste in movies is not consistent and keeps changing with various phases in my life.

I remember the 4 months' phase when I used to work as an intern at IITK.The only kind of movies that would interest me once I would get back home pretty tired,were those with a lot of action....lots and lots of action,think movies like "True lies" and other Schwarzneggar's movies and you pretty much have a fair idea.And yes,I also,obviously used to enjoy war movies a lot,something I relish even today...but then war movies are inspirational....and based on real life ,more often than not, and therefore,my taste for them presently should not come as an aberration.

There was this other phase where I really liked "feel good" movies.This was the stage when I used to suffer from depression and had confined myself in the realms of my house as I was too afraid to go out.I do retain some aspects of that phase even today..I prefer to stay at my house and still am not comfortable going out.However,I have,to a large extent lost my likeness for "feel good" movies.Why...one may ask,well,probably because they are all the same after the first 40 minutes...something goes wrong....there is tension...but in the end everything gets fine.They are so damn predictable...that it makes little sense to continue watching them,you already know what is going to happen.This is pretty much true,for romantic comedies,comedies,dramas and what not.

And this is where,murder mysteries come into picture.I admittedly do like them....Zodiac(which is based on a true story) and Identity are the ones that spring to mind from my list of mysteries I liked.I will attribute my taste in murder mysteries to 2 factors..the fact that they are unpredictible...you don't know who the killer is till the end and the fact that they pretty much keep you engaged through out the movie.

My taste in inspirational movies especially biographies of real people pretty much stem from the fact,that they often leave me awestruck.They make me realise that there are people out there,blesssed with even less resources than I am,who have emerged victorious against all odds and achieved much more than us lamenting pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment